Update 01 October 2019
I finally ended the private membership area because I do not have time to maintain it any longer. I’m already publishing video tutorials directly into the articles since a couple of years because I would like them to go viral.
The newsletters with the latest updates keeps going, and the old content on this page as well, but new tutorials can be found in the posts themselves.
Table of contents:
- Royalty free images librairies
- Royalty free music libraries
- Promotions on services
- Technical Documentation
- Video tutorials (archive)
Royalty free stock images (mostly free)
Here is a list of image libraries that offer free images, some are Creative Commons, some have a mix of free and paid stock images. Be sure to read the license agreement before you download and best make a screenshot of a license agreement so that you have proof later on when an author changes policies or the content is sold to one of the big boys like Getty Images, known to hunt around for copyright infringements.
Please respect the license agreements. If an attribution to the artist is required, please do so. It is the right thing to do and it helps artists to continue putting free images up.
- Death to Stock
- Fancy Crave
- ISO Republic
- Jay Mantri
- Libre Shot
- Negative Space
Royalty free music libraries(free and paid)
Here is a list of music libraries that offer free and paid music, some are Creative Commons, Public domain or a mix of free and paid audios. Be sure to read the license agreement before you download and best make a screenshot of a license agreement so that you have proof later on when an author changes policies or the content is sold on paid libraries. Please respect the license agreements. If an attribution to the artist is required, please do so. It is the right thing to do, especially with Creative Commons material as it encourages artists to continue to publish free music.
Promotion on services
Miracle Tutorials gives you a discount of $50.00 USD on your first DreamHost account. Click the image above to make use of the offer.
How to setup a private streaming bucket with CrossFTP
How to deal with low output from microphones using an Alesis Mixer:
Mic-Preamp-Levels.pdf – Provided by www.Alesis.com
Information how to deal with low level output of microphones. The document is not specifically meant for the Mulitmix8 Firewire. If you have another mixer from the Alesis range, this information will be suitable as well.
IMPORTANT: these video tutorials are outdated and work only with Flash. But we keep them here for history sake.
New Video channel series with S3 Amazon AWS:
From: S3 amazon: how to signup and connect
Old Video channel series:
The older series have quite some useful information left, but the part of using DreamHost as as server for video and audio is no longer valid because DreamHost servers are not fast enough to deliver heavy videos and nowadays it is better to use a CDN to deliver videos. DreamHost is fine for the average sites, but I would not use it any longer to create a video channel unless you combine it with S3 Amazon. Notwithstanding, we keep the tutorials in here as a historical curiosity.
From Creating your own video channel – part 1 (published)
From Creating your own video channel – part 2 (published)
- Retrieving passwords and links for the DreamHost account and a visit to the control panel to tweak your domain.
- Installing Joomla on DreamHost
- Final install configuration for Joomla
- Install WordPress on DreamHost
- Final Install of WordPress on DreamHost
From Creating your own video channel – part 3 (published)
- Installing FileZilla (FTP application) & upload WordPress template
- Installing a Joomla template
- Select and activate a WordPress theme (template)
From Creating your own video channel – part 4 (published)
- Use FTP to upload video for FLV conversion – 3min.
- Convert uploaded video to FLV in the DreamHost panel– 3min. (for DreamHost account. )
- Exporting a video with Adobe AfterEffects(scheduled next week)
- Exporting to FLV in Vlog It-Adobe – 5min.
- Branding your Joomla site – 8min.
- Branding your WordPress site – 8min.
- Placing a video in WordPress & brand the player – 24 min.
- Placing a video in Joomla & brand the player(scheduled next week)
From How to make your video bigger without resizing (published)